Southwest Adds More Summer Flights From Baltimore
Southwest Airlines has just announced additional flights out of Baltimore for this summer. The flights will be added for the dates between June 5th, 2016 to August 6th, 2016. This is not typical for Southwest as they usually announces all flights for a booking period at once and do not make changes after the schedule has been released. The only exception to that rule is for a large announcement like a new international route, which this is not. However, if you are in Baltimore this is great news as a total of 6 daily flights are being added!
Adding additional 1x daily flights
- Baltimore (BWI) – Hartford (BDL)
- Baltimore (BWI) – Tampa (TPA)
- Baltimore (BWI) – Orlando (MCO)
Adding additional 1x Sunday to Friday flights
- Baltimore (BWI) – Oakland (OAK)
- Baltimore (BWI) – Denver (DEN)
- Baltimore (BWI) – Manchester (MHT)
Adding additional 1x Saturday only flight
- Baltimore (BWI) – Seattle (SEA)
- Baltimore (BWI) – Nashville (BNA)
Southwest Route Map Tool Created!
On a related note I have released the first version of my Southwest Route Map Analysis tool! This was designed to track Southwest schedule releases as the current route map on the actual Southwest website does not account for seasonal changes. For example, Indianapolis does not have a nonstop flight to Fort Lauderdale during the fall booking period. This tool makes it easy to see when routes start and stop along with the frequency.
In the tool there are four tabs:
- Route Map – Shows the number of flights for each route by size and weight for the selected booking period
- Capacity Map – Shows the total number of outbound flights for each city by size for the selected booking period
- Market Charts – Shows the number of flights from a selected city to all other cities served over time
- Data Table – Shows the raw data for each route for all booking periods
Of course with Southwest announcing the changes to their summer schedule I already have to update the data! It can also be used for analysis purposes for all those airline geeks out there. With the announcement of the new Baltimore routes that represents an increase of 2.7% in frequencies from Baltimore for the June booking period. Hope people enjoy the tool and I am open to feedback to add features. Also for those that are curious I was able to obtain data from Southwest’s blog! So thanks to them!