Etihad Airways is offering status matches to their Etihad Guest Gold tier, which is their 2nd status tier. In order to get the status match you need to have at least a “gold or a higher-tiered card with any other airline loyalty programme”. I would read that as any 2nd tier status. I will be sending in my US Airways Gold status in hopes for a match. This offer expires on March 15th 2015 so send in your information! A couple of the benefits are listed below
- 50% Extra Bonus Miles – Enjoy 50% additional Etihad guest miles in every flight you take on Etihad Airways
- Extra Baggage Allowance – Enjoy 15 kilos additional baggage allowance on all applicable flights*
- Enhanced Lounge Access – You and a guest are invited to enjoy our luxurious Business Class Lounges before you fly across our network
- Guaranteed seats – If you make a booking at least 24 hours in advance, we will guarantee you an Economy Class seat on an Etihad Airways flight of your choice – even if the flight is fully booked.
- Fast-Track Access – Upon arrival at your destination, skip the queue at border control to enjoy a speedy exit*
Even if you do not plan on flying Etihad Airways ever some benefits roll over to other airlines and it is always good to have an extra airline status. Etihad is not part of any major alliance but they do have preferred partners in the form of their Equity Partners. These airlines include Aer Lingus, airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, and Virgin Australia, (these airline loyalty programs do not qualify for the status match offer). When flying most these airlines some of the gold benefits are accessible including some in-flight benefits, lounge benefits, and earning miles. Outside of their Equity Partners they have many additional airline partners and codeshares. Some highlights include Air Canada, American Airlines, and JetBlue which allow for mileage accumulation and can cannot you to an Etihad flight. For more partners see this link.